The Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Wood Haven Health Care is a medically supervised, individually tailored program consisting of exercise and education to help patients feel better, increase endurance and improve their overall quality of life. A multidisciplinary health care team helps treat patients with cardiac and/or pulmonary impairment who have limited physical condition and ability to function well in their lives.
Returning to your regular routine after a heart attack or surgery can be frustrating. You might feel frightened or uncertain about what you can safely do after such a major cardiac event.
That’s where Wood Haven Health Care can help.
We offer a physically and emotionally supportive place where you can recover at your own pace under the supervision of an experienced and compassionate team of specialists which includes a physician, therapists, nurses, and a dietician.
By learning ways to prevent cardiovascular disease and simultaneously strengthening the body and heart, a patient can recover more quickly from a cardiac event and also help prevent future events.
Our goal is to help you back on the path to wellness and a better quality of life.
Clinical Indications For Participation
- Identified Cardiac and/or Pulmonary related conditions that impact quality of life and daily function
- Physician referral
- Identified potential for liberation from mechanical ventilation, conversion to NIPPV (Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation)
- Identified need for patient education and training related to self-management of Cardiac and/or Pulmonary condition
Conditions include, but are not limited to:
COPD (Emphysema, Asthma, Bronchitis)
Mechanical Ventilator dependence
Medically complex conditions
- Educate patients with cardiopulmonary conditions from an mulit-disciplinary approach
- Educate patient on managing their condition through self-monitoring and appropriate activity level
- Minimize and/or reduce the patients CardioPulmonary dependence
- Enhance patients’ awareness of safety
- Improve patients’ utilization of energy conservation
- Teach optimized breathing strategies
- Promote utilization of least restrictive assistive device
- Maximize the patients’ functional independence in ADL and Mobility
- Teach safety skills in the patients’ environment
- Teach breath control for vocal quality
- Teach safe swallowing strategies
Program Consists Of:
- Physician prescribed rehabilitation program
- 24 hour nursing care
- 5-7 days Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy services
- Individualized plan of care
- Standardized Assessments
- Pain Management
- Pain Management Monitoring
- Diaphragmatic Breathing Techniques
- Pursed Lip Breathing Techniques
- Vocal Hygiene Tips/Techniques
- Oral Care
- Assisted Cough Techniques
- Strength and Flexibility
- Weekly Strengthening Log
- Energy Conservation Work Simplification Tips
- Home Safety
- Home Management and Equipment